SmartEnergy NT has been formed by members of the Renewable Energy industry to promote the benefits of Renewable and Smart Energy to the Commercial and Domestic market. While many think it is a good idea, the NT has been slow to take up the opportunity to save money and assist the environment.
The management committee comprises a wide range of industry participants including;
- Alan Langworthy – Chair of the Roadmap to Renewable Committee
- Bill Miller – Quality Solar NT
- Geoff Goodrich – Great Power Solutions and Executive Officer of SmartEnergy NT
- Jeremy Hunt – Country Solar NT
- Juergen Zimmermann – ABB Australia is an international company with a significant presence in the NT
- Neil Carberry – NC Electrical & Solar City NT
- Reg Dwyer – Worksafe NT and long term industry participant
Master Builders Association who will host our meeting, provide admin assistance, legal advice on setting up our organisation and advocacy in the area of regulation and processes.
Energy Club NT who will provide forums for us to promote our goals as they widen their focus to incorporate all areas of energy production, including renewables.
The COOLmob will work with us to educate decision makers and influencers in government and the community. The COOLmob will focus on domestic consumers, allowing SmartEnergy NT to focus more on the opportunities within the commercial market.
Property Council NT will provide us with opportunities to communicate with their members and will work with us to facilitate the speedy acceptance and implementation of solar and smart energy solutions throughout the business community.
Territory Proud Inc. will help advocate our goal to Buy Local and employ Territory residents.
Industry Skills Advisory Council NT (ISACNT) works closely with industry stakeholders and others to understand skills capacity and capability across the Northern Territory. A key focus is to ensure a skilled and accessible for the renewable energy industry.